Friday, January 2, 2009

Borys back injury


Early afternoon, Borealys starting complaining. We could not tell what her issue was, but we suspected a back injury, impacted anal glands, or sprained tail. Best MamaKayt took her to the emergency vet clinic where Our Baby was diagnosed with a back injury. I'm feeling pretty bad because I suspect I am at fault. Earlier today, I made her and Ursa put on their coats to brave the cold weather. Bory's coat is a nice red fleece, but both front feet have to be put into the coat, and then the back is velcro. I'm sure that I caused the injury, and I feel so badly. But enough guilt. Kayt brought home rimadyl, and instructions to put ice on Borys's back. Have you ever tried to apply ice to a dog's back?? Needless to say, it didn't go well. But Borealys is sleeping now, resting better, not whining. We're hoping she will heal quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Update on Borealys: she has healed well. She now holds her tail completely upright, and is eager to go on walks with her MamaKayt. There were a couple of days, though, when we were very glad for Dr. Rogers and the rimadyl that she prescribed for Our Baby. Who isn't spoiled by the way. Not at all.

    ReplyDelete